Saturday, May 23, 2009

Let's Start With an Introduction:

Hello all! A little background on myself: 

I'm a 21 year old foodie(going on 22), raised in Queens, NY and central Jersey, but now living in Arizona. I'm married to a wonderful guy who I've been with for over three years, and we live with our 7 cats: Sushi, Princess, Izzy, Marley, Severus, Albus, and Leela in a bright and sunny apartment in the Phoenix metro area.

This blog is the culmination of several months of recovery from and relapse into my eating disorder. For the past 4 years+, I've struggled with bulimia(with anorexic tendencies). I was 205 pounds when I graduated high school in 2005, and by the summer of 2007, I was 94 pounds, and very unhealthy. 

Right now, I'm at a relatively healthy weight falling between 110-113(at 5'2"), and starting to come to terms with it. Unfortunately, I've been a jobless couch potato since November, which has lead to an accumulation of 'flab'. So, I guess you'd call me 'skinny-fat'.

My husband and I are going to be starting a jogging regime, as well as possible pilates classes and/or Zumba, which I'm pretty excited about, although I've avoided cardio due to frequent chest pains(which I still need to get checked out)...

Now, my love of food and cooking has helped with my recovery process, and I know that one day I'm going to open my own bistro. I love foods with all sorts of cultural roots, but I mainly cook with Meditteranean and Eastern influences. I love fruits, veggies, and LOTS of seafood, and although I see nothing wrong with eating meat(hey, who doesn't love a good foie gras or some sweetbreads every now and then?), my eating disorder and issues with feeling 'full' have caused me to steer clear of most meat.

so, here, I'll be posting pictures of everything I eat, and sometimes recipes, all to help me, help others, and spread the love!

anyway, here goes :)

2 comments:

  1. I want 7 cats! We just have one and his name is Couscous. He's big and he meows a lot. I think we're going to get him a sibling soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couscous? that's awesome haha! I'll post pics of my cats soon!

    ReplyDelete